Victor Salazar, VP for Legislation
Sharon Barbee, Legislation Chair
October 4th, 2006
Legislative Reception scheduled for Nov. 13th, 2006. RSVP’s have been received by at least one Senator and/or Delegate from each of the 8 legislative districts.
A. Committee Sessions
1. 9/28/06, HHS/ED, Received briefing Youth Behavioral Risk Survey.
2. 9/28/06, HHS/ED, Received briefing on School Wellness.
3. 9/28/06, ED, Received briefing on Special Education.
4. 9/28/06, ED, Recommended Approval, Resolution to approve categorical transfer of $7,050,000 for MCPS’ FY06 Operating Budget.
B. Council Session Summary
1. 10/3/06, Adopted, R-15-1620, Resolution to approve categorical transfer of $7,050,000 for MCPS’ FY06 Operating Budget.
2. 10/3/06, Public Hearing - Supplemental appropriation to the County Government’s FY07 Operating Budget, Dept. of HHS, Children, Youth and Family Services-$370,211 for Crossroads Youth Opportunity Center Demonstration Grant.
3. 10/3/06, Public Hearing - Special appropriation to the Montgomery County Public Schools’ FY07 Operating Budget - $400,000 for Automated External Defibrillator Program.
4. 10/3/06, Public Hearing - Special appropriations to the County Government’s FY07 Operating Budget, Department of Recreation - $206,270 for Paint Branch Sports Academy, $206,270 for Springbrook Sports Academy, and $169,230 for Wheaton Sports Academy.
5. 10/3/06, Adopted, R-15-1631, Supplemental appropriation to the Montgomery County Public Schools’ FY07 Operating Budget - $997,433 for Teaching American History Program.
III. Maryland PTA Legislation
1. Adoption of 2006-2007 Legislative Platform at November convention.
1. Assisted in the
development of Legislative Priorities for Committee for
2. Board of Education Reception, October 25, 2006